The Native American tribes were known to use sage for multiple purposes such as healing, clearing space and ceremonies. Many benefits can be gained in utilizing sage for smudging. If you're not familiar with smudging, it's Native American ritual that's like a "spiritual house cleaning" or spiritual purification.
You can purchase Sage Smudge sticks at Co-ops or Health food stores or online.
Before you start- make sure you go around and declutter your home.
1. Make sure you have the Windows Open and the Fans on. This will help the Negative Energy leave your house more easily and allowing the Positive Energy to fill the room.
2. Light your smudge stick- blow out the flames and allow the embers to start to smolder and smoke.
3. Keep blowing on the sage to keep it smoldering as you walk around the whole house. It will smell like incense.
3. Say a prayer or affirmation of cleansing your home as you walk around your house from room to room. Visualize positive energy filling up and the negative energy leaving each room.
Example ( fill this home with Light and positive energy of the highest vibration).
4. When your walking around the rooms- make sure that the smoke gets into the corners of the room, along the walls and around the windows and ceiling.
5. Imagine the smoke absorbing up the negative energy and drifting out of the room and windows, allowing room for positive energy to fill up the space in the rooms and house.
6. When you are done make sure you put out the smudge stick in a cup of water or ashtray.
There are many Smudging prayers out there you can find. This one is an example if you need one to help you start.